What’s not a surprise is that Pinball has been a profitable industry since 1931. What is a surprise is the resurgence of pinball with younger and younger generations. And, here’s why.
1) Engaging Games
Pinball manufacturers have responded to new, tech savvy audiences with creative pinball game formats and technology. Internet connectivity for score keeping and tournaments. Adding LED lighting. New technology in the game field. Added sound technologies to create an immersive experience. And so much more.
So many recent examples from Stern Pinball alone. Godzilla. Led Zeppelin. Star Wars The Mandalorian. Marvel’s Infinity Quest: End Game and TMNT. Current movies and music represented in pinball plus long standing titles that are ingrained in pop culture.
2) Social Game Opportunities
Pinball is the ultimate step up game for the millennial gamer brought up on playing video game machines in their basement. Gamers have shown if they like one type of game, they will try another. Make your pinball games attractive to play.
- Pinball is still an individual game that can be played against the high (local) machine score.
- Connect your Pinball to the internet for game play against other high scores, games across locations or tournaments.
- Pinball apps are becoming popular. For example, Stern Pinball’s Insider Connected app is amazing for the connected gamer.
- Pinball keeps groups of people longer – ordering more food and drinks.
- Run a casual or professional pinball tournament.
3) Location, Location, Location
Look at the traffic flow in your restaurant, bar or lounge. See where your customers hang out with little to do. Evaluate the dark corners. Watch when customers get bored and are looking for a reason to get up and move around.
- One, stand alone pinball machine can solve a dark, wasted corner.
- A couple pinball machines can draw customers to the back wall of the bar.
- Strategically place a pinball machine outside the rest rooms.
- Add a new pinball machine to mix up your current game mix.
- Place a new machine and run promotions for high score, longest run or other fun incentives.
5) Entertainment Destination
Set up a mini game center with pinball, claw machines and other games to give your customers entertainment while they wait for a table, for their food order or other guest services. Games give people a moment of escape while they are waiting. And, gives the owner additional revenue while people are hanging around.
5) Entertainment Destination
Single pinball games, as a standalone profit center, may not make a lot of money. What pinball machines do is help the establishment create excitement, entertainment and gives patrons an immersive experience. Pinball machines teamed up with digital music, darts, Golden Tee and other games can give you, the owner, an entertainment arcade to become a destination.
When you are thinking of new pinball machines in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and South Dakota – give your local GAD sales rep a call (or our main office at 402-553-2812).