A home game room can be as simple as the niche under the stairs or as elaborate as you can imagine.
These are some of the ideas you should consider:
- What kind of space do you have?
- Basement, attic, garage, or unused dining room.
- Adding a three season room.
- How much space does my favorite game need?
- Darts require a 5′ wide x 11 ‘ long to safely play.
- For an average pinball machine dimensions are 29″ wide x 76″ tall x 56″ deep.
- Make sure you can fit the machine through the door and turns in the staircase.
- Rule of thumb for shuffleboard is to add 2′ to each side of the table plus 3′ at either end to the dimensions of the table.
- Pool Table minimum space is 14′ x 18′. (Yes, GAD has commercial grade pool tables too.)
- How should I decide what game to buy?
- Personal taste.
- Who’s going to play? Adults, kids, mix?
- Do you want all the kids in the neighborhood?
- Do you want to be the entertainment spot for all your friends?
- Space limitations.
- Team vs Individual play.
- Relax the Space
- You should consider where the TV’s are going.
- Sofa or other relax space.
- Bar or fridge.
- Consider a basketball station or other games to play between machines.
- Make a “circuit”. Create a flow to compete with your family and friends around the room.
- Lighting can set the mood. Create excitement. Add dimension to the games.
- Many don’t think of lighting and do a last minute rush job, but don’t! You’ll want to see the silver ball, darts or pool angles to completely enjoy your games.
At GAD we’ve seen many amazing game rooms – and we posted a few ideas on this article for you to consider. And, we are happy to help you answer the preliminary design questions before you commit to your project.
Bonus – between now and 11/22/2022 we are giving a free shaker motor, installed, to any new purchase of home pinball.