Hosting a pinball tournament is an excellent way to build foot traffic. This is the type of event that has become much easier with internet products like Stern’s Insider connected. This is something that will take planning but worth the effort.
Step 1 – When
Create an event calendar so you can plan what tournaments work best to promote traffic at the slowest times. And so that you can promote two or three events at one time. You may want to add a Golden Tee tournament, Trivia contests and a dart league in 2023.
This will help you determine the best time of year to add events to bring in consistent traffic.
Step 2 – How
Have you ever wanted to run your own pinball tournament, but not sure how? This is a great way to grow the pinball community at your location and the Stern Army is here to help! We’ll show you how easy it is.
- Match Play Events is one of many great resources you can use in organizing and running a tournament – https://matchplay.events/
- The International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA) is the official source of the World Pinball Player Rankings (WPPR) system. Find tournaments taking place all over the world and become an officially ranked pinball player today! – https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/
- Who is the Stern Army? https://sternpinball.com/stern-army/
- Get connected! http://sternpinball.com/insider
- Locate to play – https://sternpinball.com/pinball-loca…
- Need fresh pinball games? – GAD
Trivia contests are so easy with an AMI digital music system. GAD knows how to help you set up your own digital music.
Step 3 – Marketing
The key to any event is awareness marketing. Here’s a checklist:
- Promote in your establishment.
- Have nice flyers created to distribute –
- In the shopping area around you.
- Post on coffee shop bulletin boards.
- Ask your staff to promote to their influence groups.
- Hand out to your regulars.
- Make sure you post your pinball tournament at the IFPA.
- Promote on your social media.
- Add to event calendars like EventVesta.com.
If you are looking for more advice on games and tournaments, contact GAD.