Hosting a pinball tournament is an excellent way to build foot traffic in the winter. This is the type of event that has become much easier with internet products like Stern’s Insider connected.
Step 1 – When
Create an event calendar that you can promote two or three events at one time. This will help you determine the best time of year to add events to bring in consistent traffic.
Step 2 – How
Have you ever wanted to run your own pinball tournament, but not sure how? This is a great way to grow the pinball community at your location and the Stern Army is here to help! We’ll show you how easy it is.
- Match Play Events is one of many great resources you can use in organizing and running a tournament – https://matchplay.events/
- The International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA) is the official source of the World Pinball Player Rankings (WPPR) system. Find tournaments taking place all over the world and become an officially ranked pinball player today! – https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/
- Who is the Stern Army? https://sternpinball.com/stern-army/
- Get connected! http://sternpinball.com/insider
- Locate to play – https://sternpinball.com/pinball-loca…
- Need fresh pinball games? – GAD
Step 3 – Marketing
The key to any event is awareness marketing.
- Promote in your establishment.
- Have nice flyers created to distribute –
- In the shopping area around you.
- Post on coffee shop bulletin boards.
- Ask your staff to promote to their influence groups.
- Hand out to your regulars.
- Make sure you post your pinball tournament at the IFPA.
- Promote on your social media.
- Add to event calendars like EventVesta.com.